Well I have more than your fair share of them. Probably too many to mention so this post is going to be about my hobbies that produce things other than my wife’s ire.
- Models – No I don’t mean Claudia Schiffer. Plastic models. Ships, Vehicles, Aircraft and Figurines. Typically of the historical aspect. I only have one kit right now that isn’t historical and that is the Interceptor from ‘The Road Warrior’ movie. Ford Falcon XB. Primarily though I build aircraft and figurines from different aspects in history. Specifically it is WWII aircraft and military figurines from Celtic Tribesman to Modern Soldiers. I haven’t had as much time to work on this or even the capability because wonder puppy’s crate is in the way. Wonder Puppy is the one on the right. She is my Aussie, Shiloh. Hyper-intelligent dog is on the left and that is Jersey, my Border Collie. As soon as the craftroom is reorganized and Wonder Puppy’s crate is out of the way I can get back to my models. They are something fun for me that I don’t have to spend 4 hours working on consecutively. That statement is for those of you that are going to say ‘You’re having a baby. Kiss that hobby good-bye!’
- Blogging and Writing – No matter how pissed I was or am I won’t stop. Screw that. I can’t stop. I don’t want a 9-5 desk job for my entire life and the only way I will be famous is for inciting a revolution or being published. The Writing will resume once I have my writing room back which shouldn’t be but a couple more weeks. I’m looking forward to that.
- Woodworking – I grew up around this and love it. Once the basement and writing room are reclaimed I can start woodworking again and start with a small project of building some built in bookcases in the writing room to house my collection of books. I’m hoping if that goes according to plan my wonderful wife will allow me to build other things around the house!
- Gardening – Starting small scale this year with some veggies and herbs in container gardens but eventually hope to grow much more next year to put fresh clean organic veggies on the dinner table.
- My Secret Hobbies – And no I don’t mean I’m a porn mogul. I like model trains, cooking, Xbox, and other things. I have all types of stuff I’m interested in. It’s just that I don’t do them constantly.
There. Now you have some insight into my hobbies and things I do in my spare time. What do you guys enjoy doing? Let me know!